Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boys Are Better Than Girls

When it comes to the hardwood this year.

As it stands there will be three county teams (all boys) making the trip to Amherst (related: Tough Night at the Tournament). The team from the east side of the river was the winner in the hard-fought game I went to last night. After losing a double-digit lead and falling behind by a point halfway through the fourth quarter, the east-siders rallied for an 8-point win, sealing the victory with an impressive display of foul-shooting.

Good news also came from out west. In a surprise development, local boys (related: Tournament Update) took down the second-seed Berkshire squad on road, rallying from an eight-point, fourth-quarter deficit to win by 8!!! They will draw another tough Berkshire school next week; however, they made it to the Cage!! That is a successful season around here, no matter what happens -- and anything can happen once you get down there. Win a game and you are in the final, and if you win that -- celebration and states await.

County almost got a double-daily out west, but top-seeded team hit a three-point shot with -- I'm not kidding -- .1 (that's one-tenth of one-second) seconds left to foil upset bid by division's eight seed. Nevertheless, what a game to watch -- and the way it ended. I can hear myself shouting "Ooooooooohhhhhhh" and I wasn't even there!

Meanwhile, down south, defending division champion (and traditionally well-coached squad) in division three easily dispatched their opponent in home game. They will take on region's best team (regardless of division) next week -- the same team they defeated in the final last year.

Anyhow, time to go get the local and read all about them

Also see: Local TV News is Terrible

Sunday Seeds Suck

Update: I will be heading out to play basketball myself today, readers, and am really excited about it. My body is filled with aches, pains, and nagging injuries; however, the kids have inspired me! I truly pray for a good game, and HE deserves all the credit if I do. I must say that some of my awkward, funky moves are only successful because of a higher power. That can be the only explanation for some of the things that happen out there. I'm not so egotistical to believe HE is taking a personal interest; however, HE is omnipotent and everywhere, right?