Saturday, February 27, 2010

Slow Saturday Special: Brown vs. Obama

It's my guilty pleasure and greatest love; however, I don't like seeing it in the news section.

Senator Brown will oppose Obama in basketball game

Related
: Taking Obama to the Hoop

He's more than welcome to come up here for 10 am when these old bones will be heading that way.
I'll bet I could take Brown, too.

Rejected!

Yeah, that could happen. But I'm going in anyway; maybe I can pass off for a bucket.

Speaking of last night's tournament game, it was canceled to due global-warming-induced(?) snow, and has been rescheduled for 3:30 pm this afternoon -- providing the SNOW STOPS FALLING because I HAVE ALREADY BEEN OUT THERE ONCE and it is COMING DOWN AGAIN!

So I won't have much time to post until later this evening. I feel a bit guilty, dear readers, as items back up; however, this time period (playing and then spectating at the closest thing to pure basketball around) is needed for my sanity.

I will be back later this evening and I promise you a big day of diverse posts tomorrow and Monday (until my evening pick-up game) as no games are scheduled until Tuesday.


Unless.....


"Thousands across region without power; Downed wires, trees have utility crews scrambling" by Travis Andersen, Globe Staff | February 27, 2010

Massachusetts was still reeling yesterday from a Thursday night storm that brought heavy rains and high winds, felled numerous trees and wires, and cut electrical service to thousands of people.

About 60,000 state residents were without power last night, mostly in Essex County and eastern Middlesex County, said Peter Judge, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.

Judge said cities and towns reported many instances of property damage....

We got lucky (so far, knock wood); the limb that broke off just missed.

--more--"