Friday, April 30, 2010

Another Day, Another Unread Paper on the Pile

And you know what that pile is made of, dear readers.

That is part of the problem, readers, and I'm sorry. Seems once I hit the Globe's editorial and opinion page these days I shut it down. I 'm usually full up by then and do not want to read anymore.


I flip through and flip through, take a note, take a note, will get to it, will get to it, then do not. I'll get to it when I do a theme; however, with the growing stack of clippings, folders, and unread newspapers, that is looking like a laugh. I need to do something. Change the format, change the focus, something to bust out of this cycle.

The most obvious answer is scrap it all. Start fresh, do something else, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Stop reading the AmeriKan newspaper altogether.


Then what does this blog do?

That was sort of the whole point at first; give the WORLD a WINDOW into what I am being TOLD up here in my little hamlet of the world. This little bumpkin town I love so much with well-meaning, though not well-informed, citizens that really do care about their community and the world we live in. One cannot blame them for believing some lies amidst the unending sea of them.

I stuck with the Globe after shunning the New York Times for good as a New Year's resolution. I figured since it was New England's largest daily.... and I was once advised back in the 1980s that it was one of the better papers around.

Well, that was a long, long time ago and now they are truly a terrible entity that drains me with agenda-pushing divisions, distortions, and deceptions -- so much so that I can't even finish the first section anymore.

For what few posts appear today I will try to cross a broad range of interests and issues for you, my dear readers and followers. Tomorrow is likely to be barren of posts since I have basketball in the morning (after two weeks of inactivity) and some personal things to attend to in the afternoon.


Looks like another unread paper (if I buy one; isn't May Day some sort of independence day somewhere?) on the pile, people!