Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Peru Pooh

Nobel laureate laments cultural impact of Internet

Mario Vargas Llosa, Nobel literature laureate, lashed out yesterday against today's fast-paced information society, saying it limits peoples' depth of thinking and is a major problem for culture. 

You sure he isn't talking about AmeriKan newspapers?

I suppose he and his crowd would see the Internet that way.  

In my case it has done nothing but deepen my understanding of world history and events as well as the present time period. I shudder when I think of where my mind would still be relying on the New York Times or other government mouthpiece for news. Whatever happens, that genie is never going back into the bottle. They have lost my mind forever.

Also seeJudge orders Berenson freed from Peruvian prison

Related: Conjugal Visit in Peruvian Prison

I think I'll stay celibate for a while.