Saturday, December 11, 2010

Slow Saturday Special: Stories Unread

Turns out it is the whole paper. I may get to some of them later; however, the more I look at them the more they look like links only.     

What I might have read in days past but am now no longer interested:

"Page one
A month after the mangled body of a North Carolina teenager was found in a quiet Milton neighborhood, evidence indicates he stowed away in the wheel well of a plane and fell from the sky as the landing gear came down on the approach to Logan International Airport.   

He must have been dead long before then.

Now through the cancer-causing scanner (or molestation, your choice), American.  

Good thing the FBI doesn't give "CIA-Duh" an active bomb -- yet.
Thousands in Massachusetts will struggle to keep the heat on all winter as home heating assistance decreases, the cost of heating grows, and requests for fuel assistance swell.   

Did bankers get paid? Did the rich get their tax cut?

Related:  

Yeah, it is kind of hard to sell people a pile of warm s*** when they have been freezing their asses off the last three years.  
Framingham discounter TJX is shuttering its A.J. Wright chain, a move that will slash jobs across the state and take its biggest toll on Fall River, where 800 positions will be eliminated at a distribution center by early next year.  

Think of it as part of the recovery we never had.  
As the Postal Service struggles with financial woes and as mail volume plummets with the turn to texting and e-mail, it is closing an increasing number of post offices. 

The best thing the government ever did and it's a complete failure.

Metro 
I'm smelling something, aren't you?  
I think it would be nice if they cut the fluff and actually looked into their killings, but.... that's why I'm not reading much of the Globe anymore.

I edit out opinion pieces and sales pitches, readers, sorry. I'm only giving you what I might have read (once, long ago).
Nation
I guess I'm not so Smart since I never read a word. It's not a Wonderful Paper, that's for sure -- as if I cared what Bill Clinton thinks.  Whatever it is, I'm against it!

And I said no more Nazis

World  

I've stopped bullying China, why won't you?


Why am I not surprised the Globe is backing the private banks? 

The mass murder of Muslims over lies is about ll I can see at this point in time.
  
Business

And what I set aside for my friend (sigh)

Sports

Which reminds me, I have a ball game to play in less than an hour. 

I have no idea what I will post when I get back, dear readers.