Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday Globe Shutout and Shutdown

Seeing as I've already used my five free stories for the day and the snow has started to come down these are the stories I might have read.  

Storm gives parts of South white Christmas, heads north  

Snow in Alabama?

Eastern Mass. braces for blizzard

Looks like I will be busy most of today and tomorrow.... 

Page one

From the Pentagon to the private sector
The Globe analyzed the career paths of 750 of the highest ranking generals and admirals who retired during the last two decades and found that, for most, moving into what many in Washington call the “rent-a-general” business with defense firms is all but irresistible. (By Bryan Bender, Globe Staff)  

Not really news, is it?

Inside related:

Seminars teach officers how to land industry jobs

Airport scanner companies hiring former federal workers

That's why the war-profiteering label has been applied.

The $elf-$erving intere$t$ never end$ when it come$ to war!

Schools lag on bullying strategy
Forty percent of Massachusetts school districts have not filed bullying-prevention plans with the state, despite a Dec. 31 deadline for administrators to comply with a new law that seeks to improve protection for students in the classroom and beyond. (By Jenna Russell, Globe Staff) 

And beyond? 

Actually, acne is the real cause of many teen suicides -- and I blame the overly-image conscious media for that! 

Related: The Boston Globe's Invisible Ink: She's No Princess

I think I'm done getting bullied by the Boston Globe, readers. 

Charlie, out from the underground

He can go back now, Globe.  

Pope urges Catholics to keep the faith around world

Oh, I have faith; I have just lost it in my church. 

‘You are not forgotten about’ 

You are here. I can't read everything. 

O’Malley holds prayer service at shelter

Nation
I'm skipping prayers today, sorry.  
I seem to lose my appetite the minute I open the Globe in the morning.

World
Gee, you sure can see where the war agenda is headed, huh?

Metro
Good Lord, I'm so sick of being divided and split by the supremacist AmeriKan media!
Looks like this is the end:

"When a proposal to encourage end-of-life planning touched off a political storm over “death panels,’’ Democrats dropped it from legislation to overhaul the health care system. But the Obama administration will achieve the same goal by regulation, starting Jan. 1.

The media-deemed crazies were right after the left-wing hollered liars?

--more--" 

Boston Globe about to go for a review, dear readers.