Monday, April 18, 2011

Jogging Through Today's Boston Globe

In honor of the Boston Marathon:

State may study how N.H. cut dropouts

As Massachusetts considers raising its dropout age to 18, a similar measure enacted in New Hampshire has cut that state’s dropout rate nearly in half in its first year.

I'm considering dropping out of the Globe's classroom.

Groups target alarm fatigue at hospitals

The national organization that accredits hospitals will tackle the failure of medical staff to respond to patient alarms, making it a top priority this year. The decision follows a growing number of instances in which desensitized nurses didn’t hear or ignored beeping monitors warning that a patient was in trouble.

I'm fatigued by a lying, agenda-pushing, war-promoting press.

Family, friends of slain teen refused to forget

In the last few days, authorities have charged three men in connection with 15-year-old John McCabe’s homicide in 1969. Finally, family and friends haunted by the unexplained death have begun to inch toward a resolution.   

I've already forgotten it.  

Air controllers to get an extra hour for rest between shifts

Sorry, I fell asleep there.

Digging machine arrives to aid northern Idaho mine rescue

I'm already buried under a mountain of unread Globes.

9-year-old prepares for solo balloon flight

Yeah, I'm about to let go of the Globes.  

Study finds higher suicide risk for gay teens in conservative regions 

Yeah, I'm just no longer happy with them.

Church holds Sunday services in Fenway nightclub

But don't drink, kids. 

Film explores single women’s struggles to have it all

I thought there was an Arts section for film promotions? 

Making good time, huh?

Economy grows, despite global events

That's when I quit.  

Who would want to finish?